StoriesBack to Stories
Interfaith Harmony Online Workshop (IHOW) - Coming in February 2017!
World Interfaith Harmony Week is coming up in February 2017. How are you going to get involved?
For YES and YES Abroad alumni who are interested in interfaith community building, we have a special opportunity! Perhaps you already have lots of experience, or maybe you are just hoping to get started. Either way, you should consider applying for the Interfaith Harmony Online Workshop (IHOW).
This three-part online workshop will bring together 40 YES and YES Abroad alumni to work in small groups and learn to:
- Facilitate interfaith dialogue;
- Organize interfaith activities in your own community;
- Explore your own faith and share it with others;
- Learn from and about other belief systems;
- And more!
The online seminars will include panel speakers, take-home assignments, and facilitation by experienced YES / YES Abroad alumni who attended the Interfaith Harmony Workshop in Morocco in 2016.
Qualified applicants will demonstrate:
- Active participants in a YES / YES Abroad alumni association or other community-building endeavors;
- Motivation for exploring issues related to interfaith harmony and/or volunteerism;
- Availability for training on February 1, 8, and 15;
- Commitment to fulfilling follow-on tasks;
- Interest in learning how to stimulate further interfaith dialogue among YES / YES Abroad alumni; and,
- Internet access with a reliable connection.
Apply now! YES Abroad alumni who wish to apply, please contact your implementing organization for the application document. Please submit your completed application along with a copy of your passport to [email protected] by November 21st. The 40 finalists will be announced on December 5th.
Note for IHW 2016 participants: you have a separate
application process if you would like to be a facilitator! Check the
facebook page or contact the IHW staff from 2016 for more details, and
submit your application to [email protected] by November